Birkdale Energy was established in the UK in 2021 by an experienced energy industry management team, with the aim of capitalising on a low point of the energy industry cycle and the availability of attractive energy producing assets. The company’s focus is on the acquisition of energy producing assets in Southeast Asia however opportunities offshore Europe, Africa and the Middle East are also on our radar screen.
As industry professionals with major energy company credentials, we are astutely aware of the need to provide secure energy supplies to meet society’s needs, safely and sustainably. Our Energy Asset Acquisitions Strategy, encompasses Traditional Oil & Gas as well as Transitional Energy Solutions & Renewable Energy Projects.
Birkdale's leadership team have in depth experience in managing and developing energy companies and energy projects, in diverse cultural and operating environments. These include:
• Executive leadership of mid-cap publicly listed energy companies, developing energy assets in the Former Soviet Union;
• Executive, project & operations management of major production projects in Russia;
• Executive and operations management of African and Asian portfolios;
• Leading negotiations to acquire upstream and downstream assets in the Middle East;
• Executive and operations management of major gas development projects in SE Asia;
• Engineering, Project & operations management in the North Sea.